- Dollar savings in project costs, installation, maintenance, water and
- Water savings- no leach fields or sewer hook-ups; no pollution of lakes, streams or
- Odorless and environmentally sound.
- Complete waste treatment packages, including design services, greywater systems,
buildings, alternative electrical energy systems.
- National sales force to assist clients in planning, purchase, installation, and
- Full time technical support team to answer design, installation and maintenance issues.
How Clivus Works
A single composter accommodates up to four toilets with urinals
and handles up to 65,000 uses per year.
Human waste from the toilets and urinals is collected and retained in the
composter, along with additions of carbon-rich bulking agents such as pine bark mulch or
wood shavings. The organic carbon contained in the solid waste and the building
agent combine with the nitrogen supplied by the urine to promote and sustain the growth of
aerobic bacteria. These in turn decompose the waste products into safe, odorless
water vapor, carbon dioxide, and a small amount of solid compost and liquid fertilizer.
The composting process reduces the volume of human waste by 95%. The stable
compost end-product can be removed from the composter tank about once a year and used as a
soil conditioner. The liquid fertilizer can be removed several times a year and used
as a fertilizer on ornamental trees and shrubs.
The blower controls air flow, providing on oxygen-rich environment while accelerating
natural decomposition - assuring an odor-free toilet operation.
- Clivus systems are available with
alternative DC power where AC power is not feasible.
- Clivus is approved by the National
Clivus systems are now available through the Eco-Domes
Call 1-218-764-2321 or e-mail us for more information.
practical ways to harmonize with nature."
List | Home
Page | HOP Shop Center
Tour | General Info and Products