Who: All consumers who now use incandescent or other inefficient light bulbs
What: A conservation marketing campaign to get people to change to more
efficient lighting, like Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs (CFLs), via radio, print and public relations and government programs.
When: 2003 Starts in October. 2004 TBD
Where: Nationwide and region by region, in conjunction with Ace and
participating Power Companies.
How: Advertised through The WATER Foundation Radio Network,
local Power Utilities and The US EPA. Energy Star are then sold through local
Ace Hardware stores. The EPA's Energy Star Program has been perfecting the campaign
for several years, which opens the door for numerous partners and promotions.
The WATER Foundation's Radio Networks, Conservation Programs and Internet
Marketing infrastructure is leveraged to assist Ace's merchandising and
advertising efforts to promote the lighting product sales programs, in
conjunction with Power Utilities and EPA Energy Star.
Visit the EPA's Official Change A Light Change The World page
for more details.
The EPA's goals are:
- Stimulate demand for increased availability and variety of ENERGY STAR qualified lighting products in the marketplace
- Influence market share of ENERGY STAR qualified lighting products
- Strengthen consistent ENERGY STAR identity in the marketplace:
- By choosing products with the ENERGY STAR, every individual has the power to make a difference for the environment.
- Products that earn the ENERGY STAR meet strict guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy.
Other campaigns include:
- Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation: Battery
Collection and Sales program. See www.rbrc.org.
- Energy Star Small Appliance program: see www.energystar.gov
- Mercury Technology: Fluorescent Bulb Recycling and Sales
program. See www.mercurytechnologies-mn.com
- Mow Down Pollution: Lawn mower Exchange and Sales
- Conservation Improvement Programs with regional Power
- Paint Drop and Shop: Old paint collection and new paint
- Integrated Pest Management: Product Merchandising and
HHW collection program
- Low Flow H20, water conservation program, in conjunction
with the US EPA
- Energy Star Heating and Cooling program. See
Check back here again to see more details about these campaigns or call (218)